The global pharmacy automation market was valued at 5.60 billion in 2022 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.02% from 2022 to 2030. This estimated growth makes it possible to forecast 10.4 billion USD in revenues by 2030 for this market.1
The three main drivers1 of this growth are:
1. Minimization of medication error risks: 7,000 to 9,000 people die each year as a result of medication errors in the United States, and hundreds of thousands more suffer adverse reactions or other complications. The cost of these errors exceeds $40 billion annually.2
2. Reduction of labor costs: The automation of repetitive tasks reduces the time needed to perform these tasks and therefore the associated labor costs. It also allows pharmacy to focus their resources on higher value-added tasks.
3. Growing of the geriatric population: According to the WHO, between 2020 and 2050 the number of people aged 60 and over is expected to double. Furthermore, the number of people aged 80 and over is expected to triple over the same period. 3 This aging population will result in more medications being prescribed.
SynMed is proud to stand with Becton Dickinson, one of the leading market players, to help pharmacies keep up with this trend and to support them in their daily challenges.
Our technology is the state-of-the-art pharmacy automation system for preparing both single & multidose blister packs.
Our solutions will help pharmacies to address many of the current challenges they face:
1. Minimization of medication error risks: SynMed technology has an unmatched accuracy of 99.98%. In addition, manual tasks (such as replenishment or positioning of exception drugs) are made safer by barcode scanning, on-screen guidance and biometric scanning.
2. Reduction of labor costs & of the impact of the lack of manpower: With the SynMed ULTRA (three times faster than SynMed XF), the power of 17 technicians is reduced to 3.
3. Increase in the number of prescriptions: There is a SynMed solution for any production volume, which allows pharmacies to change the production scale without having to change technology and start from scratch.
4. Management of a change in drug supplier: SynMed containers can be calibrated in-pharmacy by a SynMed operator in a few minutes, at no cost.
5. Customer attraction, loyalty and retention: The unique adherence pack labels, convenient and diverse blister cards are highly valued by patients, assisted living facilities, nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
To learn more about our automated solutions to dispense solid oral medication in blister cards, visit our website or contact us to talk with one of our SynMed specialists.