SynMed® is a state-of-the-art pharmacy automation system for preparing single and multi-dose blister packs. Compatible with over 30 blister card brands and growing, we offer the best in pharmacy automation to small independent pharmacies, hospitals, long-term care facilities, and central fill operations globally.
Purchasing a SynMed® system for your business is a significant and wise investment. Leading up to your purchase, there are a lot of moving parts and decisions to be made. Once you take the leap, the question becomes: “now what?” We are sure you have a ton of questions about your new pharmacy automation machine including:
- How does a SynMed® operate?
- What are the benefits of the SynMed® machine for my specific business model?
- What are the next steps after my purchase is initiated?
This blog is a guide on what to expect when you purchase a SynMed® machine. We will take you through the different phases of implementation as well as walk you through the implementation timeline so you are prepared for it when the time comes. At Synergy Medical, we are dedicated to planning for success for you and your new SynMed® machine and we guarantee you are in good hands.
Before the SynMed® machine is even installed, a SynMed® account manager will be assigned to you. Your account manager will personally accompany you throughout the entire process and take you through all the necessary steps over the course of 6 to 8 weeks. Our commitment to you is that you will receive guidance throughout the entire implementation process. We will also make sure to do a detailed review of your needs and share best practices with you while doing a consultation for your optimal layout. We want to make sure your needs are met and you are getting exactly what you want.
Our entire implementation process is a two-way street and we will need your cooperation to make this process successful. During the pre-implementation phase, your commitment to us is that you will dedicate the proper resources to this project and provide all requested documents and approvals for the final layout and labelling within the indicated time frame. An example of some of the documents we will need from you are your drug list and your full medication database.
This is where the fun begins! We will send out our highly specialized installation technician(s) to unload and install your SynMed® system on-site over the course of 3 to 5 days. Our commitment to you during this phase is that we will communicate and coordinate all of the logistics behind the installation process with you. You will be aware of the details such as what method of transportation we are using to transport your machine as well as the equipment that we will rent to make it happen. Labelled medication containers will be provided for you and all installation, calibration, and testing will be done by our highly specialized installation technicians.
What we need from you during the installation phase is all required modifications to the building and premises for system installation and entry. We will need the required electrical services as well as data connections to ensure a seamless installation. During this time, if there are any necessary furnishings, we ask that you provide those as well.
Post-installation, Synergy Medical stands apart by remaining present and supportive of your business. We want to make sure you are set up for long-term success with your new SynMed® machine. During the training phase, for up to five days, a project lead will make sure you are fully equipped with the support material you need and help you and your team get 100% operational and comfortable using the SynMed® machine. Our commitment to you during the training phase is that you will receive dedicated training with two operators and a pharmacist. Your operators will be producing live batches on the SynMed® machine by the middle of the week and we will be available for follow-ups and further optimization.
Your commitment to us during the training phase is that your staff will be dedicated to the training and you will make sure the container replenishment is complete and patient files are prepared and consumables (such as the cards and labels) are readily available.
Standard SynMed® Implementation Process Timeline
One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to the implementation process of SynMed® machines. Some businesses will take longer than others to finish the implementation process. However, over the years, we have seen that most businesses tend to have this process fully completed within 8 weeks.
To give you a better understanding (and more specifics) of how the implementation process works, we will break it down into a week-by-week timeline of the process.
- Week 1: Implementation Review – this is where you will receive an overview of the entire implementation process and submit your requirements for your drug list, blister card types, and database.
- Week 2: Installation Preparation – this is the week that site prep is done in anticipation of the installation, the layout of the install is confirmed, and installation dates are confirmed.
- Week 3: Workflow Preparation – we will prepare for the SynMed® machine workflow by getting all patient file requirements, label requirements, and getting a confirmed list of drugs.
- Week 4: IT Requirements – we will sort out all the IT requirements during week 4 and make sure we have the proper network and remote access as well as confirm license information.
- Week 5: Replenishment – we will take roughly 20-30 hours to fill your SynMed® containers and provide replenishment training for your staff.
- Week 6: Final Check – during the final check, we will make sure the site is fully prepared for the install and make sure that consumables are on hand as well as make sure patient files are fully prepared.
- Week 7: Installation & IT Configuration – your SynMed® machine will get installed at your place of business and the IT configuration will be fully set up.
- Week 8: Training – during the last and final week, your staff will go through the training process with one of our project leads to learn how to operate the SynMed® machine.
Why Synergy Medical is The Best in Pharmacy Automation
When you buy a SynMed® machine, you aren’t just buying an automated pharmacy machine. You are buying a state-of-the-art total adherence solution. There is a reason why 60% of all blister packs in Quebec run through a SynMed® machine and you are about to experience that for yourself. From all of us at Synergy Medical, we would love to wish you a warm welcome to the SynMed® family. We are beyond ecstatic to have you!